Experience the Nepalese way of living & discover Bardia National Park, the Tharu culture and West Nepal
We are Budhi & Sonja, a Nepali / Dutch couple. We heartily welcome you to our homestay, a countryside location close to the entrance of Bardia National Park in West Nepal. A perfect place for people who have a passion for nature and wildlife, for travellers who like to experience the countryside and the Nepali Tharu culture and for the adventurous who like to explore the unspoiled nature of West Nepal.
We opened our homestay in January 2014. Since then we have welcomed travellers from all over the world. We are proud that for the 3rd consecutive year, we have been rewarded by our visitors with the Tripadvisor Traveler’s choice award. We are (August 2020) among the 25 ‘Best of the Best’ winner in the category ‘ Best Inns / B&B’s in Asia’. This is what guests write about us on Tripadvisor.
- Very clean and spacious rooms with separate shower and toilet
- Great hospitality, wonderful place and friendly family
- Relaxing atmoshpere, feels like home
- Delicious, tasty food for affordable prices
- Very flexibel in organizing various activities
- Good travel advice in advance and during our stay
We would like to share our passion and knowledge about Bardia and West Nepal also with you and we hope we can give you a memorable experience. Get inspired by our 5-16 days Tours in Bardia National Park & West Nepal or join a Virtual tour or class
We look forward to welcoming you into our home or during a virtual tour!
Pheri Bhetaulaa! ( See you soon!)
Bardia Homestay Pvt Ltd
Budhi & Sonja
Latest news about traveling in and to Nepal (update 14-04-2021)
- 26-03-2021; The government updated the latest visa rules and regulations. Foreigners who have got both doses of Covid-19 vaccine and foreigners without a vaccine do not have to go into quarantine. All travelers have to submit a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin. After arrival you have to conduct an other PCR test and stay in the hotel until the result of the test comes out. Visa can be obtained at Nepali missions and embassies in your own country. On arrival visas are only possible to obtain at Kathmandu airport and not overland. For other required documents see the summary in the picture. For more go to website Department of Immigration or ask the Nepali mission or embassy in your own country about all the details. Rules and regulations are subject to change.
- From the 17-10-2020 (2076-07-01) Bardia National Park is open for domestic and international visitors. Jeep safari , jungle walk, camping and rafting are possible again!
- From October 17, 2020, the Nepalese Government opened the country’s borders to foreign tourists who want to go mountaineering or trekking.
- From October 1, 2020 our accommodation is open for domestic and international travelers.
- We like to keep you and our staff healthy and safe! We follow the ‘Operational Guideline with Health Protocol for the Tourism sector’ issued june 2020 by the Nepal Tourism Board. See our Health and safety guidelines COVID-19
We have five comfortable and spacious bedrooms. All of them are twin rooms with double beds or single beds. Each room has mosquito nets, an electric fan and an attached bathroom with a hot shower, toilet and washbasin. We provide towels, toilet paper and free acces to WiFi 24 hours a day. Read more about our accommodation.
Our Bardia National Park jungle activities
Bardia National Park is Nepal’s largest national park and wilderness area. There are good opportunities to spot endangered species of wildlife, such as the Bengal tiger and the greater one- horned rhino. Jungle walk, jeep safari, rafting and camping trips are a few of the Bardia National Park jungle activities you can enjoy.
Our Tharu culture & countryside activities
Walking, cycling or a motorbike tour is a great way to explore the beautiful countryside and to meet the friendly local Tharu people. You can also join the locals with fishing, dancing and cooking or join us during one of the many festivals. Just have a look at the Tharu culture & countryside activities.
Our trekkings & tours in Far West Nepal
Our home is a good basecamp to combine Bardia National Park with a visit to Khaptad National Park, Rara Lake National Park and Shuklaphanta National Park. Or explore the gorgeous Karnali and Bheri river area. Read more about this unspoiled area at the page Far West Nepal Activities.