Experience the Nepalese way of living & discover Bardia National Park, the Tharu culture and West Nepal
We are Budhi & Sonja, a Nepali / Dutch couple. We heartily welcome you to our homestay, a countryside location close to the entrance of Bardia National Park in West Nepal. A perfect place for people who have a passion for nature and wildlife, for travellers who like to experience the countryside and the Nepali Tharu culture and for the adventurous who like to explore the unspoiled nature of West Nepal.
We opened our homestay in January 2014. Since then we have welcomed travellers from all over the world. We are proud that for the 4rd consecutive year, we have been rewarded by our visitors with the Tripadvisor Traveler’s choice award. We are in the top 25 of the best bed and breakfasts in Asia. This is what guests write about us on Tripadvisor.
- Very clean and spacious rooms with separate shower and toilet
- Great hospitality, wonderful place and friendly family
- Relaxing atmoshpere, feels like home
- Delicious, tasty food for affordable prices
- Very flexibel in organizing various activities
- Good travel advice in advance and during our stay
We would like to share our passion and knowledge about Bardia and West Nepal also with you and we hope we can give you a memorable experience. Get inspired by our 5-16 days Tours in Bardia National Park & West Nepal or join a Virtual tour or class
We look forward to welcoming you into our home or during a virtual tour!
Pheri Bhetaulaa! ( See you soon!)
Bardia Homestay Pvt Ltd
Budhi & Sonja
You can also visit us virtually and experience Nepal from the comfort of your home! Join a virtual tour or class and support your local host in these hard times. Check our Virtual tours Bardia National Park and learn more about the nature and culture of Nepal from the comfort of your home!
Latest news about traveling in and to Nepal (update 11-08-2021)
- 11-08-2021; Since the 29th of April there are prohibitory orders in the Kathmandu Valley and other districts of Nepal. Slowly lockdown restrictions are being eased and the population gets vaccinated. You will have to be flexible to changing conditions.
- 11-08-2021; You will find a summary of the latest border entry procedure on the picture. Visit the website Department of Immigration or contact the Nepali mission or embassy in your own country about all the details. Rules and regulations are subject to change.
- 11-08-2021; International flights have been suspended from May 6th and are now slowly resuming. Turkish Airlines and Qatar airlines fly 3t times and twice a week. Domestic flights have been suspended from the 3th of May and have been resumed since the half of July.
- 06-07-2021; Bardia National Park is closed since the 29th of April for local and international visitors.
- 01-10-2020; Our accommodation is open for domestic and international travelers. Our staff is fully vaccinated. We like to keep you and our staff healthy and safe! We follow the ‘Operational Guideline with Health Protocol for the Tourism sector’ issued june 2020 by the Nepal Tourism Board. See our Health and safety guidelines COVID-19
We have five comfortable and spacious bedrooms. All of them are twin rooms with double beds or single beds. Each room has mosquito nets, an electric fan and an attached bathroom with a hot shower, toilet and washbasin. We provide towels, toilet paper and free acces to WiFi 24 hours a day. Read more about our accommodation.
Our Bardia National Park jungle activities
Bardia National Park is Nepal’s largest national park and wilderness area. There are good opportunities to spot endangered species of wildlife, such as the Bengal tiger and the greater one- horned rhino. Jungle walk, jeep safari, rafting and camping trips are a few of the Bardia National Park jungle activities you can enjoy.
Our Tharu culture & countryside activities
Walking, cycling or a motorbike tour is a great way to explore the beautiful countryside and to meet the friendly local Tharu people. You can also join the locals with fishing, dancing and cooking or join us during one of the many festivals. Just have a look at the Tharu culture & countryside activities.
Our trekkings & tours in Far West Nepal
Our home is a good basecamp to combine Bardia National Park with a visit to Khaptad National Park, Rara Lake National Park and Shuklaphanta National Park. Or explore the gorgeous Karnali and Bheri river area. Read more about this unspoiled area at the page Far West Nepal Activities.