Transport to Thakurdwara
We live in the village of Shivapur which is 2 km south from Thakurdwara. Thakurdwara is situated 80 km west from Nepalgunj airport and 15 km southwest from the villages Ambassa and Bhurigaun near the Mahendra Highway where the bus stops. For more information about travel schedules give us a call or send an e-mail. We will advice you to find the best way to travel to our home!
- By domestic plane from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (50 minutes). Around 8 flights daily.
The most convenient way is that we pick you up by jeep in Nepalgunj (2 hours drive). You can also take the bus to Ambassa or Thakurdwara ( 2,5-3 hours), but they don’t run very regularly.
- We can arrange your local flight tickets from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and other destinations in Nepal.
- By bus from Kathmandu to Ambassa or straight to Thakurdwara (580 km; 14 -16 hours).
- By bus from Pokhara (12–14 hours), Tansen (10 hours) and Lumbini (10 hours) to Ambassa or Thakurdwara.
- By bus from New Delhi (India) to the border town Mahendranagar in Nepal. (10-12 hours). From there you can continue your journey by bus (4-4,5 hours) or by jeep ( 3,5 hours) to our home. (3-4 hours)
- By bus from Lucknow (India) to the border town Rupaidiha (India) /Nepalgunj (Nepal) and from there by bus (3,5 hours) or jeep (2,5 hours) to our home.
- Buses from Ambassa to Thakurdwara (45 minutes) only run in the late afternoon. We can arrange an auto-rickshaw a jeep or motor to pick you up in Ambassa or in Thakurdwara.
- By jeep or motorbike or auto rickshaw from busstations nearby like Ambassa, Bhurigaun and Thakurdwara.
- By jeep or car from Kathmandu, Pokhara, New Delhi, Lucknow or any other place in India or Nepal. We can arrange this jeep for you.