Discover Bardia National Park and the countryside
6 days / 5 nights
A 6 days / 5 nights stay gives you the opportunity to discover the park and surroundings in various ways. You also have time to explore the authentic countryside, to meet the locals and to visit the gorgeous Karnali-Bheri river area.
- Jungle walk full day Bardia National Park.
- Jeepsafari full day Bardia National Park.
- Bicycle or jeep tour on the countryside including a jungle walk in the community forest.
- Sleeping in a treehouse in the community forest.
- A full day trekking or rafting trip in the Karnali – Bheri river area.
Day 1 – Arrival day
- You can take a plane from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport and from there we drive you in 2 hours by comfortable AC jeep to our home.
- Or you arrive today by bus or jeep from Pokhara , Kathmandu, Lumbini, Tansen or any other place in Nepal or India.
- If you arrive in the morning you have time in the afternoon to explore the countryside and visit the elephant breeding center.
Day 2 – Full day jungle walk
- A jungle walk is a great way to discover the south west part of Bardi National Park.
- You walk along small tracks, cross rivers and sit at watchtowers and riverbanks to wait for the animals to move to the river to drink.
- The total walking distance is between 15- 20 km.
Day 3 – Tharu villages, countryside and sleeping in a treehouse
- In the morning you can relax and sit in our garden.
- Around noon you leave with your guide by bicycle or by jeep for a tour on the countryside.
- You will enjoy at a local Tharu home a lovely Tharu lunch.
- After the lunch you will follow the ‘trail of the rhino’ during a 2 hours walk in the community forest.
- After the walk you will have dinner and sleep in a treehouse where you can enjoy a beautiful sundset and sunrise. Durng the night you maybe wake up by the sound of a roaring tiger.
Day 4 – Full day jeep safari
- In the morning we pick you up by jeep at the treehouse and drive you to Bardia National Park (around 6 km)
- A full day jeep safari takes you further into the jungle of Bardia
- You will see the various landscapes of the midwest and northwest part of the park
- You will stop at riverbanks and waterholes
Day 5 – Follow the Karnali and Bheri river by walk or raft
- In the morning the jeep will bring you in 1,5 hour to the Upper Karnali river.
- This area has deep river gorges, beautiful beaches and remote and authentic mountain villages.
- You can go for a beautiful walk on the riverplateau of the Karnali and Bheri river with a total distance of 15 km.
- Or you can paddle down in a raft on the Karnali river to the Chisapani bridge. Total paddle distance 30 km and rafting grade class 2 (mainly easy flooding with some currents and rapids).
Day 6 – Departure day
- Depending on your next destination and the way of transport you depart in the morning or in the afternoon.
We can make a special proposal for you for this tour which is based on the following:
- Transport by jeep from airport Nepalgunj or any other place in Nepal to Bardia Homestay
- 4 nights accommodation in Bardia Homestay
- The activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast, lunch or lunch packages and dinner
- Unlimited drinking water and black tea
- Entrance fees and permits for Bardia National Park and community forest
- Professional English speaking guide inside Bardia National Park and community forest
- Rafting gear; life jackets and dry bags if you go rafting on the Karnali river
- Extra costs for alcoholic beverages and refreshing drinks
- Extra cost for snacks and other food not mentioned.
- Emergency transportation and evacuation or cost for unpredictable circumstances; travelers visit Bardia National Park at their own risk.
- Travel- and cancellation insurance; participants need to have a travel insurance .
- International and local flights
- Visum fee
What to bring and to wear
- Check our Travel Checklist Bardia and Nepal
- Wear clothes with colours that match with the colours of the jungle (green, brown, grey)