Experience the jungle and Rara National Park
11 days / 10 nights
This tour offers you a real West Nepal experience. You will go from the jungle in the lowlands to the largest lake of Nepal on an altitude of 2.990 meter high.
- Unspoiled nature and authentic villages.
- Full day jeepsafari and full day jungle walk Bardia National Park.
- Bicycle or jeep tour on the countryside.
- 7 days / 6 nights trekking Rara National Park
- Visit to Nepal’s largest lake ‘Rara’ and the enchanting Sinja Valley.
Day 1 – Arrival day
- You can take a plane from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport and from there we drive you in 2 hours by comfortable AC jeep to our home.
- Or you arrive today by bus or jeep from Pokhara, Kathmandu, Lumbini, Tansen or an other place in Nepal / India.
- If you arrive in the morning you have time in the afternoon to can explore the countryside and visit the elephant breeding center.
Day 2 – Full day jungle walk Bardia National Park
- A jungle walk is a great way to discover the south west part of Bardai National Park.
- You walk along small tracks, cross rivers and sit at watchtowers and riverbanks to wait for the animals to move to the river to drink.
- The total walking distance is between 15-20 km.
Day 3 – Full day jeep safari Bardia National Park
- A full day jeep safari takes you further into the jungle of Bardia
- You see the various landscapes of the midwest and northwest part of the park
- You will stop a riverbanks and waterholes to wait for the animals.
Day 4 – Tharu villages and countryside
- In the morning you leave with your guide by bicycle or by jeep for a tour on the countryside.
- On the way you stop in a local community forest to follow ‘the trail of the rhino’ during a 2 hours jungle walk in the community forest.
- After the jungle walk you enjoy a Tharu lunch at a local home before you will go back to Bardia Homestay.
- In the afternoon you can relax in our garden.
Day 5 – Start of your 7 days / 6 nights trekking Rara National Park
- Today you fly in the morning from Nepalgunj airport to Talcha airport (2750 meter). The flight takes 45 minutes.
- From Talcha airport you walk in 3 hours to the north side of Rara Lake to your lodge from where you have a nice view on Rara Lake (2.990 meter).ra Lake
Day 6 – Trekking Rara National Park to Murma top
- Today you walk from Rara Lake (2.990 meter) to Murma top (3700 meter). A steep climb, but your reward will be a fantastic view on the lake.
- In the evening you will sleep in Murma village a village west from Rara Lake.
Day 7 – Trekking Rara National Park along Rara Lake
- After the strenuous walk yesterday you can relax in the morning.
- In the afternoon you walk on a smooth flat track along the west side of Rara Lake to the soutwest part of Rara National Park. Duration around 3 hours
- You will sleep in Sallery in a basic guesthouse.
Day 8 – Trekking from Rara National Park to Bulbule
- Today a challenging walk is waiting for you. You walk from Sallery (3.300 meter) to Chuchemare Hill (4.090 meter) from where you have an amazing view on Rara Lake and the Himalayas. From there you descent to the small village in Bulbule (3.180 meter).
- Total duration 6-7 hours.
- Sleeping in a guesthouse in Bulbule
Day 9 – By jeep from Bulbule to Sinja Valley to Jumla
- After breakfast you drive to Sinja in the enchanting Sinja Valley. A beautiful valley with rice fields, grazing horses and small rivers.
- In the afternoon you can enjoy short walks in the valley.
- Accomodation in Sinja
Day 10 – By jeep from Sinja Valley to Jumla
- Today you drive from the Sinja Valley to Jumla . You stop on the way to enjoy splendid views and short walks.
- The jeepdrive is around 7 hours.
- You sleep in a hotel near Jumla airport.
Day 11 – Jumla to Nepalgunj airport
- In the morning a plane flies you in 30 minutes back to Nepalgunj airport.
- From there you can continue your journey to Kathmandu or an other place in Nepal
We can make a special proposal for you, which is based on the following:
- Transport by jeep from airport Nepalgunj or any other place in Nepal to Bardia Homestay
- Transport from Bardia Homestay to Nepalgunj airpoprt
- 4 nights stay at Bardia Homestay
- 3 nights stay in basic lodges in Rara National Park
- 2 nights stay in Sinja Valley and Jumla
- The activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast, lunch or lunch packages and dinner
- Unlimited drinking water and black tea
- Entrance fees and permits for Bardia National Park and Rara National Park
- Professional English speaking guide inside Bardia National Park and Rara National Park
- Porter or horse for carrying luggage in Rara National Park
- Extra costs for alcoholic beverages and refreshing drinks
- Extra cost for snacks and other food not mentioned.
- Emergency transportation and evacuation or cost for unpredictable circumstances; travellers visit Bardia and Rara National Park at their own risk.
- Travel- and health insurance; participants need to have a travel insurance .
- International and local flights
- Visum fee
What to bring and to wear
- Check our Travel Checklist Bardia
- Wear clothes with colours that match with the colours of the jungle (green, brown, grey)