Wildlife spotting in Bardia National Park
5 days / 4 nights
A 5 days / 4 nights stay gives you the opportunity to discover the park in various ways, which will increase your chances to spot the wildlife. Besides a visit to the park you also have time to explore the authentic countryside and meet the locals.
- Full day jungle walk Bardia National Park
- Full day jeepsafari Bardia National Park
- Bicycle or jeep tour on the countryside including a jungle walk in the community forest
- Tharu Lunch
- Sleeping in a treehouse in the community forest
Day 1 – Arrival day
- You can take a plane from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport and from there we drive you in 2 hours by comfortable AC jeep to our home.
- Or you arrive today by bus or jeep from Pokhara, Kathmandu , Lumbini, Tansen or any other place in Nepal or India.
- If you arrive in the morning you have time in the afternoon to explore the countryside and visit the elephant breeding center.
Day 2 – Full day jungle walk
- A walk is a great way to discover the south west part of Bardia National Park.
- You walk along small tracks, cross rivers and sit at watchtowers and riverbanks to wait for the animals to move to the river to drink.
- The total walking distance is between 15 – 20 km.
Day 3 – Tharu villages, countryside and sleeping in a treehouse
- In the morning you can relax and sit in our garden.
- Around noon you leave with your guide by bicycle or by jeep for a tour on the countryside.
- You will enjoy a lovely Tharu lunch at a local Tharu home.
- After the lunch you will follow ‘the trail of the rhino’ during a 2 hours walk in the community forest. You have a good chance to see this impressive animal.
- After the walk you will have dinner and sleep in a treehouse where you can enjoy an amazing sunset and sunrise. During the night you maybe wake up by the sound of a roaring tiger.
Day 4 – Full day jeep safari
- In the morning we will pick you up by jeep at the treehouse and drive you to Bardia National Park (around 6 km).
- A full day jeep safari takes you further into the jungle of Bardia.
- You see the various landscapes of the midwest and northwest part of the park.
- You will stop a riverbanks and waterholes to spot animals.
Day 5 – Departure day
- Depending on your next destination and the way of transport you depart in the morning or in the afternoon.
We can make a special proposal for you for this tour which is based on the following:
- Transport by jeep from airport Nepalgunj or any other place in Nepal to Bardia Homestay.
- Accommodation in Bardia Homestay.
- The activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Breakfast, lunch or lunch packages and dinner.
- Unlimited drinking water and black tea.
- Entrance fees and permits for Bardia National Park and community forest.
- Professional English speaking guide inside Bardia National Park and community forest.
- Extra costs for alcoholic beverages and refreshing drinks.
- Extra cost for snacks and other food not mentioned.
- Emergency transportation and evacuation or cost for unpredictable circumstances; travellers visit Bardia National Park at their own risk.
- Travel- and cancellation insurance; participants need to have a travel insurance.
- International and local flights.
- Visum fee
What to bring and to wear
- Check our Travel Checklist Bardia and Nepal
- Wear clothes with colors that match with the colors of the jungle (green, brown, grey).