Camping adventure in Bardia National Park
6 days / 5 nights
Experience the thrill of camping in the jungle! Listen to the sounds of the jungle while sitting next to your campfire. This itinerary gives you the opportunity to explore the west side of Bardia National Park along the Geruwa river and the remote east part along the Babai river.
- 2 full days jungle trekking in the Babai Valley, Bardia National Park (walking distance 25 km).
- Half day jungle walk, west part of Bardia National Park
- Full day jeep safari, west part of Bardia National Park
- 3 nights camping on spots with splendid views on the Karnali and Babai river
- Bicycle or jeeple tour on the countryside
- Tharu cooking workshop
Day 1 – Arrival day + start trekking in Babai Valley
- In the morning you take an early flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport from where we pick you up by jeep.
- From the airport we drive in 1 hour to the Babai River Dam where your adventures starts.
- Today you walk between 8 – 12 km. You will have to cross the river a few times to follow the track.
- Camping along the Babai River.
Day 2 – Full day jungle walk Babai Valley
- After breakfast you continue with your walk along the Babai river.
- You walk through the shady sal forest and the riverine forest before you reach the grasslands surrounding your next camp called Guthi.
- Total walking distance 12 -15 kilometers.
- In the afternoon there is time to go for another jungle walk around Guthi camp to search for wildlife.
- Camping along the Babai river near Guthi camp.
Day 3 – From east to west by jeep
- You drive by jeep from the remote north east part to the northwest part of the park. On the way you have great views on the Churiya hills.
- Around noon you arrive at your next camping spot along the Karnali / Geruwa river in the nortwest part of the park.
- In the afternoon you go for a jungle walk in this area where there are good chances to spot a tiger.
- Camping along the river.
Day 4 – Full day jeep safari west part
- In the morning we break up camp.
- A full day jeep safari along the west part of Bardia National Park with various landscapes.
- You will stop a riverbanks and waterholes.
- You arrive at Bardia Homestay end of the afternoon.
Day 5 – Explore Tharu villages and countryside
- In the morning you can relax and sit in our garden.
- Around noon you leave with our guide by bicycle or by jeep for a tour on the countryside.
- You will stop on the way to ‘follow the trail of the rhino’ during a 2 hours jungle walk in the community forest.
- After the walk you will the elephant breeding centre.
- In the evening you can enjoy dinner at Bardia Homestay or you can attend a Tharu cooking work shop at a local Tharu home nearby.
Day 6 – Departure day
- Depending on your next destination and the way of transport you depart in the morning or in the afternoon.
We can make a special proposal for you for this tour which is based on the following:
- Transport by jeep from airport Nepalgunj to Babai Valley
- 3 nights camping inside Bardai National Park
- 2 nights accommodation in Bardia Homestay
- The activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast, lunch or lunch packages and dinner
- Unlimited drinking water and black tea
- Entrance fees and permits for Bardia National Park and community forest
- Professional English speaking guide inside Bardia National Park and community forest.
- Other staff: cook, park ranger and porters
- Camping gear; tent, matrasses, pillows and sleeping bags
- Extra costs for alcoholic beverages and refreshing drinks
- Extra cost for snacks and other food not mentioned.
- Emergency transportation and evacuation or cost for unpredictable circumstances; travellers visit Bardia National Park at their own risk.
- Travel- and health insurance; participants need to have a travel insurance .
- International and local flights
- Visum fee
What to bring and to wear
- Check our Travel Checklist Bardia and Nepal
- Wear clothes with colours that match with the colours of the jungle (green, brown, grey)