Camping adventure in Bardia National Park
6 days / 5 nights
Experience the thrill of camping in the jungle! Listen to the sounds of the jungle while sitting next to your campfire. This itinerary gives you the opportunity to explore the west side of Bardia National Park along the Geruwa river and the remote east part along the Babai river.
- 4 full days jungle trekking in the remote Babai Valley, East part of Bardia National Park (walking distance 50 km).
- Full day jeep safari, west part of Bardia National Park
- 3 nights camping on spots with splendid views on the Babai river
- Jeep tour on the countryside
- Tharu cooking workshop optional
Day 1 – Arrival day + start trekking in Babai Valley
- In the morning you take an early flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj airport from where we pick you up by jeep.
- From the airport we drive in 1 hour to the Babai River Dam where your adventures starts.
- Today you walk between 8 – 12 km. You will have to cross the river a few times to follow the track.
- Camping along the Babai River.
Day 2 – Full day jungle walk Babai Valley
- After breakfast you continue with your walk along the Babai river.
- You walk through the shady sal forest and the riverine forest before you reach the grasslands surrounding your next camp called Guthi.
- Total walking distance 12 -15 kilometers.
- In the afternoon there is time to go for another jungle walk around Guthi camp to search for wildlife.
- Camping along the Babai river near Guthi camp.
Day 3 – Full day jungle walk Babai Valley
- Today another walk in the remote wilderness of the Babai Valley.
- Total distance 12– 15 kilometers.
- You will pass some old settlements where tribes used to live 30 years ago.
- Stops on the way to take time to search for wildlife.
- Camping along the Babai river.
Day 4 – Last walking day Babai Valley and back to Bardia Homestay
- In the morning you follow the Babai river to the far east side of Bardia National Park.
- Total walking distance between 10-12 km.
- Your trek ends at Chepang (back to civilization) . From there a jeep will drive you back to Bardia Homestay (3 hours)
- Evening dinner and room Bardia Homestay
Day 5 -Full day Jeep safari
- A full day jeep safari takes you further into the jungle of Bardia
- You see the various landscapes of the midwest and northwest part of the park.
- You will stop at riverbanks and waterholes to spot animals.
- In the evening you can enjoy dinner at Bardia Homestay or you can attend a Tharu cooking work shop at a local Tharu home nearby
Day 6 – Explore Tharu villages and departure day
- In the morning you leave by jeep for a tour on the countryside.
- You will stop on the way to ‘follow the trail of the rhino’ during a 2 hours jungle walk in the community forest.
- After lunch you depart to your next destination
We can make a special proposal for you for this tour which is based on the following:
- Transport by jeep from airport Nepalgunj to Babai Valley
- 3 nights camping inside Bardai National Park
- 2 nights accommodation in Bardia Homestay
- The activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast, lunch or lunch packages and dinner
- Unlimited drinking water and black tea
- Entrance fees and permits for Bardia National Park and community forest
- Professional English speaking guide inside Bardia National Park and community forest.
- Other staff: cook, park ranger and porters
- Camping gear; tent, matrasses, pillows and sleeping bags
- Extra costs for alcoholic beverages and refreshing drinks
- Extra cost for snacks and other food not mentioned.
- Emergency transportation and evacuation or cost for unpredictable circumstances; travellers visit Bardia National Park at their own risk.
- Travel- and health insurance; participants need to have a travel insurance .
- International and local flights
- Visum fee
What to bring and to wear
- Check our Travel Checklist Bardia and Nepal
- Wear clothes with colours that match with the colours of the jungle (green, brown, grey)